Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

I am the One

I've been participating in a study. Every week I attend what I call Happiness class. This week's homework was to record 3 positive things that happened each day and write why they happened.

This lead me to a startling conclusion: I am the catalyst of all positive events in my life.

Of course, I had nothing to do with the recent sunny weather, but I am the one who decided to eat lunch outside. I am the one who took the bus to the park to play in the grass.

And when confronted with negative events, which my happiness teacher did not instruct me to record, I was the catalyst of all comforts. When I felt sad, angry, or anxious, I am the one who went for a walk, counted backwards from 1000, and ate a salad for dinner anyway.

I'm not denying credit to any solar systems, deities, ancient mathematicians Indian or Greek, or to my own ancestors. I'm just accepting my power.