Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, December 09, 2005

One More Dream from Wednesday Night

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love GPS

I was resting in my bed when I somehow realized that it and the very bedroom it was in was somehow stuck on a looping municiple light rail system. It seems that every night, as I lay(lie or whatever) sleeping, I was simultaneously circling from my neighborhood to the Strawberry Mansion area, somehow through Center city and back again. Only I couldn't see this. All visual evidence indicated that I was just in my bedroom. This paradox had me worried, and if it had been a threatening nightmare paradox, I would have woken up at that point. But since I really wasn't in any danger, the worry just motivated me to solve the problem whether or not I was moving and still at the same time.

I thought, what if I moved my bed? That had no effect on the situation.

I thought, if I had a portable GPS system that would record my location throughout the night, I could latter map out where I'd been, even though I couldn't see where I really was. This helped me relax.

I took out a wooden knitting needle and let my minature short hair black cat play with it. It pawed it, then climbed it like it was a tree branch. Then I thought, I don't have a cat, but that's okay.