Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Stupid Stupid Stupid!

That is my gut reaction to the situation known as "dating."

I have precious little experience in this field. Most popular literature on the subject is crappy. And the success stories that ring most true seem to go something like this "I don't know, I just met this guy."

I believe that the minute I expect dating to be a reasonable encounter between two responsible and rational adults is two minutes before I'll be in for a huge disappointment. And I don't like disappointment. Or rejection. They are not fun. The sky isn't plaid and they are not fun.

There is no answer. There is no method. There is only trial and error. And trial and error are not fun.

I believe that dating is like the laundry. I want clean clothes, but going to the laundromat sucks.

* Yet dating is not like the laundry. Dating is like doing the laundry using unmarked boxes of chemicals, having no temperature settings, and no way of sorting your clothes first. Yeah, that's what it's like.*

"With such a bad attitude, no wonder you're not having much luck." you might say.

Yeah, well... If I had some concrete evidence that I could find dating more enjoyable than sitting at home watching reruns of "The Magificient Seven," then I might change my attitude.