Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Three Days in NOLA

I spent a few days in New Orleans. Most of that time I was stuck in a hotel conference room where one of the speakers punctuated every mildly interesting statement with the catch phrase "We'll put it on the wiki." So I didn't get to see much of the storied town. My hotel was next to the French Quarter, and except for a few blue roofing tarps and some sidewalk repair, the physical neighborhood appeared to be in good shape. However, there weren't a lot of people around. Looking at the sparcely peopled city, I felt like I was on the wrong end of the Mississippi River. Mid week in New Orleans was like St. Paul on a Sunday.

Here are a few impressions of New Orleans:
It's weird.
It makes you want a cigarette.
You can see why pirates liked it.
Even if you don't like coffee, you'll like it at Cafe Du Monde.
Some people there have cool tatoos and bikes.
There are many homeless people.
There are 3 kinds of jambalaya.
Zapp's Crawtators are tasty.
People call you "baby", not "hon" like we do in the mid-Atlantic.
The men seemed extremely friendly.
Bourbon Street is the sleaziest street I've ever seen.
I hope to return real soon.