Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving on the Prairie

This year I flew home to see Mom and Dad. By flying in the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I saved a bit of money and a ton of travel stress. Would you believe no lines at the Philly airport security check?

On Monday, I spent a lovely morning with the Merland mother and her spunky tot. The guy sitting next to us at French Meadow complemented Mama on her parenting skills.

On Tuesday, Mom kindly agreed to take me to the Frida show at the Walker, even though bloody organs and untamed facial hair are not her cup of tea. The delightful Hubley cartoons had been replaced by Samadhi , a triptactular film from 1968, which brought to mother's mind the creation of the universe. Later, we stopped in a fancy yarn shop in the latest neighborhood to be touched by hipster angels.

On Wednesday, Mom, Dad and I enjoyed a movie made by MN homies, No Country for Old Men.

Thursday brought the feasting. I forgot to put sugar in the breakfast muffins. I tried to salvage them by making them into bread pudding, but I didn't use enough liquid. Other than that, all the foods were delicious.

Using the fancy yarn shop yarn, I managed to knit up a scarf for Mom before it was time to go.

On Friday, I flew back to Philly. Again, the airport was calm. I wish I'd packed more juicy meats and pies into my suitcase for the trip back to Philly, but I was afraid that they could be confiscated at airport security.