Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Fiber One Store Manager

This weekend, MJP and I discussed our fascination with the Store Manager character in The Fiber One cereal commercial. Not since that Ancient Chinese Secret ad have I been so intrigued.

The Store Manager carries himself like a diplomat. The timbre of his voice is in the same league with James Earl Jones and Patrick Stewart. He makes the line "Twigs no, delicious yes" sound like wisdom for the ages.

Why is a man with such gravitas managing a grocery store? My mind reels with possible back stories.

I want to verify the name of the actor who plays this mysterious manager, but it's taking too long. I haven't found his name, but I did find a racist comment about him. What is more perplexing is that a few sites say it's Frederick Koehler, the kid who played Chip on Kate and Allie. I doubt it. I want to see this charismatic actor in more appropriate roles.

And what about the guy who plays the clueless customer? Isn't that Bob Stephenson, who played the frog prince in Friends With Money?

I guess it all boils down to the fact that actors, like everyone else I know, need to get paid.