Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stiffling the Knee-Jerk

My job required me to contact a bunch of libertarians and just looking at their publications pissed me off. Still, I did my duty with no snark.

Even though I agree with libertarians (real libertarians) and anarchists on some things, they do piss me off more than conservatives and people to the left of me. I think it's the veneer of reason over a sort of denial of reality that bothers me so much.

Really, I would like to be more comfortable dealing with people who don't share my political philosophies. I try. Sometimes I succeed. For example, I recently watched a half hour tv interview of Condoleeza Rice and she didn't piss me off once.

By the way, anyone who says university presses only publish left wing stuff can suck it. This place publishes authors with a wide range of viewpoints, even though well-funded conservative and libertarian think tanks already make sure their arguments get their time in the sun.

No, we did not publish a book by a holocaust denier, because that would be stupid.