Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

No Substitute

I'm fed up with substitutes for face-to-face human interaction.

Last night, MJP and I sparred a bit about communications multitasking. I was cool with him watching television while we were on the phone as long as we were watching the same program, however I busted his chops for looking at a website. The whole discussion deteriorated into semantics, but anyway the situation would have been much better if we were actually together.

I post to the blog, but I feel disappointed if I don't receive comments. I upload photos to my flickr page, then I feel let down by the low number of views. I know that Facebook is no substitute for actual social contact, yet I am constantly looking at it. I need to stop wasting energy and attention on these so-called social utilities and work on seeing real live people more often.

(This post was accidentally removed for a few hours. Sorry about the confusion.)