Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Living in Other Moments

Why am I not living in this moment? Because it's cold in my cubicle and I have a headache.

Today I find myself preoccupied with thoughts of Thanksgiving, and Christmas as well.

I want to prepare appropriate musical recordings for my Thanksgiving Day journey so that my travel companion and I will feel energized yet calm, as if we were on nicotine (not that either of us are smokers). At least I can rely on Odelay, my go-to travel album for over a decade now. I am working on getting more music from my coworkers to add to my library.

I fear that this Christmas will be spent watching old people eat meat. I must make room in my belly for at least three kinds of meat, three beasts who's lives were taken so that my relatives can share the bounty of the season.