Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Grateful

I am just hours away from another holiday celebration, looking back on a week spent visiting my beloved family.

Friends, I dig you, but I have to say that sometimes nothing beats waking up alone on one's own well-worn sheets, not wondering what anyone else wants to do with the morning. Today, before I gear up for New Years Eve, I will be host and guest to myself, and I will play both roles gracefully and graciously. I will indulge myself by wandering around aimlessly. Perhaps I will sort my yarn collection or take another stab at reading the book of Derek Walcott poetry I bought at a yard sale. Then there are the fine children's programs on PBS that I can enjoy child-free.

I received many cool gifts this Christmas, but today I am most grateful for solitude.