Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Prop Zero

Since I am not a legal or cultural historian and I've always been single, I think it's time for me to say something about marriage.

Maybe it's time for our government to stop recognizing marriage. Let the state cut the messy ties with our theocratic past altogether. If domestic partnership is such a social boon that it must be encouraged through government endorsement, tax breaks and such, then let's just have civil unions for everyone! Gays, straights, asexuals, platonic roommates trying to save money on rent. Heck, I lived with my last roommate for years. That's longer than many marriages last.

While we're at it, how about eliminating reserved parking spaces for people with kids at Ikea?