Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Bother

It's difficult to know if pursuing romance is worth the bother when I don't even know what the bother is.

It's been over a year since I've been on a date. I haven't come up with any more ideas for meet guys other than trying a new online dating site. A friend did try to set me up with someone, but that wasn't my idea.

I have come to the conclusion that the straight, single guys between the ages of 38 and 52 who live within a 50 mile radius of mu home are not interested in me. This conclusion is not based on exhaustive research, however I can't come up with any ways to disprove this notion.

52! Let me just get this off my chest. As much as 40 year-old-guys don't want to date women over 39, I am not all fired up to date anyone much over 45. Guys, if you think we ladies all go to seed after 35 while you all ripen into Denzel Washingtons and George Clooneys, you are so very wrong. Some older guys are hot, but nobody escapes from gravity just because they have testicles. Men who don't take care of themselves look crappier as they get older. Male flab is just as flabby as female flab. Older men, your wrinkles are just as wrinkly if not more so since most of you have done next to nothing to take care of your skin. What's left of your gray hair is just as gray as ours. It is not more distinguished, it is less pigmented. If you didn't have much character or personality when you were twenty, thirty, or forty, I doubt that any extra years will turn you into a worldly sage. And one thing that certainly doesn't improve with age is your stamina. I would say, get over yourselves, but you don't have to. I guess there are plenty of younger women who are willing to ignore your overgrown ear hairs and droopy bits.

People might read this and say, "No wonder she doesn't meet guys. What a bitch. She's so mean. She doesn't appreciate droopy bits. I love droopy bits. I love reminiscing with my boyfriend's kids about 80s pop culture and swapping recipes with his ex-wives. I can't wait until my old man gets even older. I can't wait to stand by his grave and watch him decay. That will be so hot!"

I guess I am just a mean mistreater.