Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Cherry Hill Girl Talk

Last night I took the commuter rail out to Cherry Hill to hang out at my friend's spilt level and see some women I used to improvise with. I'm getting pretty good at admiring hardwood, a new paint job, and a stylish Italian sofa set without choking on my words. My friend and her husband have actually managed to capture a bit of the original mod feeling of the house. I even managed to complement the lawn. Perhaps I'll be a homeowner myself one day.

It was all babies, pregnancy and engagement rings (my parlor chat skills failed me here so I concentrated on the chicken) as we gorged on take out Chinese from the Voorhees strip mall. It would have been stereotypical girl talk, except the conversation often turned to bodily functions. One friend said that childbirth killed all her qualms about bodily function talk at the table. Ironically, in this circle of friends, it's the mannish gals like me who are the most squeamish. So much for suburban stereotypes in that most suburban suburb.