Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Beige is the New Beige: Home Decor from a Place of Fear

With the help of Lipby, I was finally able to bring home the couch of my dreams. It's not a big couch. And it's beige. Because my home decor, like many nightmares, is inspired by fear.

My greatest decorating fear is that I will get sick of anything too spectacular or exciting. Now I am drawn to magenta and orange, but how long can that last? I never loved vanilla and I will never hate it. I once loved chunky monkey ice cream, now I can't stand it.

Worst of all for a tiny apartment dweller is the fear of shelves and wall hangings placed over my head.

Then there's the groundless fear that I am decorating my apartment "wrong," that reality show apartment judges will burst in to the place and berate my lack of style in foreign accents.

I must wake up from this neutral toned nightmare!