Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Cereal Suckers, What Happened to the Flipbooks

On Saturday, my journalist friend LL and I ate at the much-hyped all cereal restaurant, Cereality. I must admit, the PB+B combo was quite tasty with soy milk, but both LL and I had trouble swallowing the fact that we were paying over 3 bucks each for a serving of cold breakfast cereal. Plus, we were sitting at a counter in the window, and I know people were looking at us thinking "suckers!"

I suckered LL into looking at a cut of my birth documentary. Since he just moved to the city from Jersey, I thought I'd show him the ICA. As usual, I didn't' really get the art in the main gallery and on the ramp. However, we both enjoyed the Ant Farm retrospective on the second floor. I asked LL if he had a favorite artist. Right now, my favorite is Walton Ford, but I didn't tell LL, because who the hell is that?

LL said some very useful things about my 2 student paper clips and journalism in general. Then he went away.

The next day, I thought some more about my final documentary project, then removed the perished items from my refrigerator. Melba and I planned to attend the 3rd Annual Flipbook Festival at 1026 space, but it wasn't there. I suspect that the fine folks at 1026 space mixed up the number 5, as in December 5th, with the number 3, as in December 3rd. So we saw Kinsey instead, which was pretty good. Laura Linney was adorable as Mrs. Kinsey.