Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Ups Yours

Earlier this week, I came home to find a delivery attempt notice stuck to my front door. Great. My public radio pledge tchotchki was in some kind of limbo. I could only hope that someone would be there to answer the door when the people in brown returned.

This morning, since no package or updated notice had arrived, I went to the ups website to track my package. Its status: delivered and signed for by someone with Germanic last name. Some foreigner is enjoying my This American Life paint-by-numbers set! When I called ups, they could only tell me the signer's address. So now it's knock on some stranger's door or kiss my thank you gift good-bye.

That's better than travelling to the ups office. Urban Ups offices are invariably located in desolate post-instudistrial wastelands with no access to public transportation.