Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Triple Crown

Over the last month, my dentist has been attempting to fix a new crown on a little stump of a molar, the remains of my tooth from a root canal I had a few years ago (yes, I should have had it installed back then).

The first crown cracked as they put it on. So they re-installed the well-worn temporary crown and told me to come back in a few weeks. After I'd chewed through the temporary, it sort of fell off after I pulled on it long enough. It was all frayed metal and that weird cinnamon tasting dental cement, I had to get a new temporary temporary crown.

Finally, last Friday, I thought I was done. I left my dentist with a new crown, ready for a lifetime of chewing. The next day, after I'd bitten into a rice krispie treat, I noticed something unusually crunchy in my bar. It was a shard from my new crown.

Can't my dentist get these things made somewhere else. Is she like, letting her cousin make them or something?